U.P. GIS USER GROUP MEETING
MARQUETTE CHARTER TOWNSHIP
CONFERENCE ROOM 1000
COMMERCE DRIVE MARQUETTE, MICHIGAN
MAY 10, 2019 10AM-2:30PM EST
No cost to attend, but please register so lunch and refreshments can be planned.
U.P. GIS Users Group Registration
1. Around the room introductions & updates – (10:00 AM – 10:10)
2. Rawan Alhabbal, Ben DuBois, Steve Lenaker – CUPPAD Update (10:10 AM-10:25 AM)
a. Central UP Planning will be giving an update on regional initiatives
including asset management, parcels, and up north trails.
3. Ulrika S. Zay – State of Michigan, Center for Shared Solutions (10:25 AM-
a. Our State talk will cover a new licensed facilities interactive map app related to substance use disorder treatment sites, an update on the Michigan Geographic Framework enhancements, and new information about the MiSAIL program (aerial imagery and LiDAR) along with a discussion about the imagery for GIS data exchange program.
4. Break (10:55 AM-11:10 AM)
5. Nedd Niedermeyer – American Transmission Company (11:10AM – 11:55AM)
a. Nedd will be discussing the uses of GIS in utility applications using AGO (ArcOnline) which includes construction, vegetation management, and
facilitation of ATC operations.
6. 11:55 AM – 12:55 PM: Lunch
7. Cory Luoto – Michigan DNR (12:55 PM – 1:40 PM)
a. Cory will be presenting on the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Incident Management Teams, the response to the Houghton Flooding Incident in 2018, current mobile technology, and GPS/GIS applications in use in the DNR.
8. Jeff Schmidt – Michigan DNR (1:40 PM – 2:30 PM)
a. Where we have been & where we are going: Leveraging the ESRI Enterprise Advantage Program (EEAP) to build a better GIS environment at the Michigan Dept. of Natural Resources.